ONGOING Opened: 10 March 2022
Apply for funding to work with US-based researchers on an environmental science proposal.
Collaborative work is governed by an agreement between NERC and NSF.
You must be:
- based at a UK research organisation eligible for NERC funding
- employed at lecturer (or equivalent) level or above.
If successful, you will be supported by NERC. The US-based researchers will be supported by NSF.
NERC will fund UK applicants at:
- 100% of the full economic cost for equipment
- 80% of the full economic cost for other costs.
Who can apply
UK-based applicants must meet the NERC and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) eligibility criteria.
Eligible UK research organisations include:
- higher education institutions
- research council institutes
- recognised independent research organisations
- public sector research establishments.
Learn more about eligible organisations.
US-based applicants whose costs are being sought from NSF must be eligible for funding from the relevant NSF solicitations, as their costs will not be covered by NERC.
Involvement in a NSF-NERC full proposal will count towards any individual’s limit on proposal submissions, whether submitted to NSF or NERC. For UK-based applicants, a submission through NSF as the lead agency will count towards the following NERC ‘pushing the frontiers’ funding opportunity deadline as a co-investigator.