CLOSED Opened: 22 December 2021 | Closes: 22 February 2022
The Heat Pump Ready Programme forms part of BEIS’ £1 billion Net Zero Innovation Portfolio (NZIP), which aims to accelerate the commercialisation of innovative clean energy technologies and processes through the 2020s and 2030s. As a key solution for decarbonising homes, heat pumps will be critical for meeting the UK’s legally binding commitment to achieve net zero by 2050. Heat Pump Ready will support the development of innovative solutions across the heat pump sector. Heat Pump Ready is aligned with other BEIS NZIP Programmes, in addition to Ofgem’s Network Innovation Fund (NIC) and the Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF), delivered in partnership with Innovate UK.
This stream will focus on developing and trialling heat pump deployment solutions which deliver:
- Cost-savings relative to current average deployment costs for domestic heat pumps.
- High density deployment of domestic heat pumps – i.e. transition a large proportion of domestic consumers within a single area over a short period of time (before the end of the trial project, end March 2025).
- An enhanced ‘consumer journey’ – providing high levels of consumer satisfaction throughout the deployment.
Stream 1 is broken up into two phases:
- Phase 1 – Feasibility study (SBRI): The maximum funding available per feasibility study is £200k and the full project cost must be a minimum of £50k (this must cover 100% of project costs). Deadline for applications: 22nd February 2022
- Phase 2 – Demonstration phase (SBRI): The maximum funding available Phase 2 project is up to £4.5m and the full project cost must be a minimum of £2m (this must cover 100% of project costs). Deadline for applications: 31st August 2022
Important Note: You must have your project approved in phase 1 in order to apply for phase 2.